Brentwood Public Library has been awarded the Racing to Read grant from the Missouri State Library, allowing us to add all sorts of fun books and toys to the library that will enhance your child's engagement with learning to read. We have been incorporating books and props made possible by this grant into our storytimes, making it even more fun for kids and adults alike! Learn about numbers and upper- and lower-case letters using the magnetic board, or try your hand at sign language and braille using special alphabet blocks--all located (usually) on the ledge by the bay window in the Children's Library. We have also added word construction sets, a variety of puzzles, and other objects to enhance children's literacy by encouraging the connection between reading and play. These are available at any time on the low shelves behind Miss Lindsay's desk in the Children's Library.
Be sure not to miss the Racing to Read skill cards and bookmarks located on the low shelf next to the board books. Take as many as you need for tips and skill identification to help turn your child into a happy and productive reader.
- Lego Club: CASTLES! - Sat, 09/05/2015 - 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Closed for Labor Day - Sun, 09/06/2015 (All day) - Mon, 09/07/2015 (All day)
- Baby and Toddler Storytime - Tue, 09/08/2015 - 9:30am - 9:45am
- Preschool Storytime - Tue, 09/08/2015 - 10:30am - 11:00am
- Brentwood Book Club September 2015 - Tue, 09/08/2015 - 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- Scrabble Club - Thu, 09/10/2015 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Baby and Toddler Storytime - Tue, 09/15/2015 - 9:30am - 9:45am
- Preschool Storytime - Tue, 09/15/2015 - 10:30am - 11:00am
Recent Book Reviews
The Watsons Go To Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
Kenny is the middle child in a middle class family in Flint, Michigan in the 1960s. He is a precocious reader and student with a lazy eye that gets...
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
Ten year old Bud has been in an orphanage since his mother died four years ago when he is placed in a foster home. When the foster family treats him...
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Prompted by his son's reaction to the decision to not indict Darren Wilson for the murder of Michael Brown, Ta-Nehisi Coates decided to pen a...