We are very excited to introduce a new weekly program coming to Brentwood Library—our very own makerspace! Kids and Teens are invited to come in every Tuesday after school to explore low-tech and high-tech gizmos and create their own projects using STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
- Big Ideas Club (grade school kids): Every Tuesday, 3-4 p.m.
- Innovative Teens Club (middle and high school kids): Every Tuesday, 4-5 p.m.
Our makerspace clubs begin the September 6th. Stay tuned for additional STEM programs and events offered throughout the school year!
This project is supported in part by a federal by the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Missouri State Library.
- Knitting by the Books - Mon, 10/24/2016 - 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Baby and Toddler Storytime - Tue, 10/25/2016 - 9:30am - 9:45am
- Preschool Storytime - Tue, 10/25/2016 - 10:30am - 11:00am
- Big Ideas Club - Tue, 10/25/2016 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Innovative Teens Club - Tue, 10/25/2016 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer Holm - Wed, 10/26/2016 - 3:30pm - 4:15pm
- PAWS for Reading - Thu, 10/27/2016 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Baby and Toddler Storytime - Tue, 11/01/2016 - 9:30am - 9:45am
Recent Book Reviews
The Fever by Megan Abbott
A sleepy community is thrown into upheaval when a popular young woman has a violent, mysterious seizure in the middle of class. Rumors spread and...
Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh
I wanted to classify this as horror, but that would be misleading. Maybe it is horror in the 1950s black and white psychological horror film kind of...
Where Are You Going, Baby Lincoln? by Kate DiCamillo, illustrated by Chris Van Dusen
Fans of Kate DiCamillo's work will remember Baby Lincoln from the Mercy Watson series. Indeed, when Mercy Watson went for a ride, quiet, behaved...